Technological revolutions have always been very natural in the hospitality sector. In many ways, the hospitality industry is leading the charge in the adoption of smart business technology. From operations to guest experience to marketing, smart hotel technology provides a plethora of cost reductions and revenue opportunities, allowing hotel operators to achieve new levels of profitability. Here are some of the ways in which smart technology will be reshaping the hotel industry in the very near future.
- Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, hotels and restaurants have had a huge hit in revenue as they experienced a sudden dip in the number of clients or customers coming in. They swiftly turned towards food delivery apps as they were functioning regardless of the pandemic and they proved to be a good source of revenue. In the future, the dependence on third-party apps will reduce and hotels will come up with their own delivery platform as it is deemed to be economically beneficial.
- Getting the right people to help run a hotel can be hectic and risky. No one can gauge the quality of a worker in the first few days of the job but the risk of putting them in charge is always taken. Hotel concierge apps come in handy when we need to reduce the need for human interactions and effort.
- Review systems always help in understanding your client. Third-party apps allow users to write a review for your hotel but usually, they are not specific to a service the hotel offers. Here review systems help in getting a fair review for each service the hotel provides.
- A considerable amount of hotels have the option to provide tours and experiences. These tours are usually advertised by the hotel using brochures and because of this, they are missed by the customers. An app that contains all services and all booking options that are readily available to the customer on check-in, helps with the visibility of these services.
- Hotel guests want an easy and smooth experience. Technology allows this to happen in the hospitality industry.
- An app that combines all these features and services, helps with guest relations, and reviews management that is readily available to the customers will definitely help in increasing hotel revenue and smarter ways in which hotels can upsell to guests. Yes, that does sound like a Super App to have for your business.